Make sure that you have your letter of Acceptance and your Personal Statment before applying for the scholarship.
Each year, a limited number of students may qualify for a Full, 50%, 25% or 20% tuition scholarship and continued for the duration of the programme of study, subject to satisfactory progress. A student is required to have made at least a merit performance in each year, without the student needing to repeat courses. If a student does not make merit performance in any one year the award will terminate from that point onwards.
Application Deadline & Important dates
Applications may be submitted up until the closing date – applications close on 20 August 2017 midnight (UK time).
To be considered for Axcel Undergraduate Scholarship, applicants must first obtain a letter of acceptance to study at Axcel for September 2017.
Information on how to apply to the Axcel International Academy is available here
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Aptitude test score: worth 50 points out of 100
- The personal statement: worth 20 points out of 100
- The personal interview: worth 30 points out of 100
The Aptitude test measures a broad range of abilities (e.g., verbal comprehension, general reasoning, numerical operations, perceptual speed, or mechanical knowledge).
The overall aptitude test takes 2 hours and 20 minutes, including 10 minutes break between sections. The test will consist of three sections the Verbal Reasoning section, the Numerical Reasoning section and the Inductive Reasoning section.
We recommend that you prepare well for the test since it makes 50% of the overall evaluation points. To get familiar with the test, contact us on the email below and we will send you sample questions to help you practice for the test.
The aptitude test is payable (100$) and it will be refunded for students who received the scholarship.
Only short listed applicants will be invited to a personal interview
It is an important part of the scholarship application. It is your chance to describe your ambitions, skills, and experience.
The personal statement is expected to be about 500 words of text that show you’d make a great student – so it might take a few redrafts until you’re happy with it.
Process of Selection
Applicants who have the highest overall evaluation score will be granted the scholarship as follow:
- One full-tuition scholarship for the highest evaluation score
- Two 50% tuition scholarship for the 2nd and 3rd highest evaluation score
- Three 25% tuition scholarship for the 4th, 5th, and 6th highest evaluation score
- A limited number of 20% tuition scholarship
Note that each criterion will contribute to the final evaluation score.
- Upload your letter of acceptance and the personal statement and submit your application below.
- After submitting your application, you will be invited to take the aptitude test.
- Short listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview.
- Results will be announced on 15 September.